Dear Friends and Patients,
I and my partner (of 32 years) Ghanima Maassarani, Dr.Med, founded the “Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine (SIRM)” more than 2 decades ago. Over the ensuing 16 years, we went on to establish additional SIRM centers in CA, TX, MO, NY, IL, & NJ. In 2014, SIRM was acquired by “IntegraMed” whereupon I agreed to stay on as an independent contractor for a period of time. My tenure expired on March 31st, 2019.
The secret to success following treatment of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) has much more to do with thorough evaluation and planning along with the development of individualized and strategic treatment plans than with technical expertise in the performance of egg retrievals and embryo transfers, with which most physicians are adept. Successful treatment has far more to do with “planning the trip” than “taking the ride”.
I have for the last 3.7 decades consulted with and treated patients with very complex reproductive problems. More than 60% have traveled from out of state or journeyed from about 40 different countries to be treated by me, in Las Vegas. They had often Had experienced: multiple (often unexplained) failed IVF attempts elsewhere ; recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL), severely diminished ovarian reserve; complex causes (anatomical/immunologic; molecular) of implantation dysfunction and age-related egg/embryo quality deficit. Now, after having been influential in the births of about 18,000 babies, it is time for me to move on and share my experience with the many patients who are unable to travel to Las Vegas for treatment with me.
April 2019 marked the date of my transition from a hands-on clinical medical practice at SIRM, to online SKYPE patient consultations through “Sher-Fertility Solutions (SFS). Through SFS I offer comprehensive 1 hour long Skype consultations to those seeking my advice and guidance. The SKYPE consultation will be followed by a detailed written report and treatment plan, which can be shared with the patient’s personal Fertility Physician. Conversely, I gladly would be happy to recommend one upon request.
ABOUT THE SKYPE CONSULTATION WITH ME:
- To set up an hour long SKYPE consultation with me, pleased go to sherivf.com where you will find an enrollment form on the home page. Fill this in and forward it online. Alternatively, email my patient Concierge at Concierge@sherivf.com. You can also reach us directly by calling 800-780-7437 (if you live in the USA or Canada): or 702-533-2691 (if you reside elsewhere, abroad).
- Upon hearing from you the SFS-Conceirge will contact you to s send you a questionnaire for completion along with a request that you forward available medical records for my review.
- The SFS-concierge will then set up your 1 hour SKYPE consultation with me.
- At the SKYPE consultation I will sometimes recommend that additional tests be done (usually in your home setting). If need be, we can assist in arranging for this to be done. Upon receiving test results, I will review these and thereupon will generate a written report along with a recommended treatment plan, and will forward this to youThere will at times be a requirement for one or more follow-up SKYPE consultations with me to discuss a proposed plan of action,.
- Keep in mind that the implementation of your treatment will in the final analysis be the sole responsibility of the treating Physician. There are in most cases, decisions and adjustments that are needed. Thus, in the final analyses it is to him/her that all decisions are to be deferred.
I truly believe that there is no greater blessing than to be born into a preordained role and thereupon have the good fortune of spending every single working day fulfilling that “mission”. But no individual can alone achieve true success. It invariably requires a dedicated team…… And it is to the many teams of loyal, talented and dedicated, physicians, nurses and embryologists with whom I have been so fortunate to work with over 37 years that I have been able to be influential in the births of >18,000 babies conceived through ART, that much of the credit must go. It was their selfless contributions, and unwavering loyalty/trust that made this journey so successful, exhilarating and incredibly meaningful.
There are however, two special ladies who warrant special recognition and mention. They are my wife (of 50 years) Charlene and my partner/confidant and friend (of >30 years), Ghanima Maassarani Dr. Med without whose love, friendship, encouragement, unwavering loyalty/dedication and support, little of value could have been accomplished…. and to them goes my unconditional love and undying gratitude.
Finally, to you, my patients, who over a 37y career in the fertility arena, have placed your trust and belief in me …you will always have my enduring gratitude.
With sincere appreciation and thanks!
Geoffrey Sher MD